~It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year~
Let’s face it, Christmas is probably THE month where we tend to go a bit overboard with all the merry making, the festivities and the decorations. Which is probably why Christmas time is THE time for DIY’s and since we understand and empathize (because, who are we kidding, we at Homefuly have also caught the DIY bug) we’ve decided to list out some super awesome, super easy and super cute 7 Christmas Decor DIY tips and tricks that’ll get you and all your loved ones involved in unmitigated Christmas merriment!
Super cute and really easy to make, these snowman ornaments made from bottle caps are exactly what you need for your Christmas tree.
What You Need:
- Bottle caps
- White, black, orange, and red acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Glitter and/or sparkle Mod Podge (optional)
How To Make It:
Step 1: Paint the inside of each bottle cap white. This bit is a little tricky because trying to get the cap to coat completely is slightly difficult which is why you’ll probably need to do several coats and then letting it dry in between. You can paint the outsides too if you really want, but it’s not necessary
Step 3: Use the end of a paintbrush or a toothpick to paint the eyes, nose, mouth and buttons onto each snowman. Once they dry, added some sparkle to it if you feel like
Step 4: Tie a ribbon or yarn between the first and second bottle caps to make a scarf and accent with a button if you like
Credit – Oneartsymama.com
We all have the snowman fever and these melted snowman ornaments are so perfect in their imperfection.
What You Will Need:
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Tiny plastic top hats
- Black seed beads
- Orange oblong beads
- Red ribbon/
- Twigs or stems of a leaf
How To Make It:
Step 1: Assemble the supplies in little containers or prep bowls, muffin tins are the best way to go if you’re making a bunch. Simultaneously get the toothpicks ready which will be required for attaching all the tiny pieces to the hot glue
Step 2: Attach the scarf to the hat and let that dry before pressing it into the snowman. Ensure that you do this first because otherwise you’ll end up spending too much time making sure the scarf is right and in the meantime your snowman will set before you can stick on the rest of the body parts
Step 4: Make sure you place your snowman on a smooth spot on the foil or it will be harder to peel off
Step 7: Finally attach your hook to the back with another dab of hot glue. You could use ribbon or you could eliminate this step altogether by creating the snowman on top of an ornament hook.
Credit – Flexibledreams.com
Now if you thought that these two DIY’s were easy, then hang on to your socks cause our next few ones will blow you right off your chair because they’re so easy!
5 Simple Christmas Decor DIY Ideas
- Use fairy lights – everywhere and anywhere and on anything, fairy lights are just magical
- Those shiny, red, super pretty Christmas decoration balls that you have? hang them from string and then attach each string to your dining table light or your living room light for a very merry effect.
- Cover the banister of your staircase with cotton to make it look like snow and then paste small snowmen on it to make it look as if they’re sliding down from a snow covered hill.
- Take a mason jar and paste put outs of a beautiful, dainty landscape on it. Then take a candle, place it inside the jar and set it alight. The result will be so mesmerising that you won’t be able to take your eyes off it.
- Candles will become your best friends during the holiday season. Yes, we understand that sometimes you’re very tired from all the holiday preparations and the best thing to do at that point is to take a bunch of candles and light them up on a table or on shelves.
So there you have it, super fun DIY’s that you can get the whole family and friends involved. Merry Christmas one and all!0