“Life is a kitchen. Put on your prettiest apron and whip up something incredible”
It is said that the kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where family and friends come together to cook, eat, drink and make merry. So, naturally, a place that brings everyone together needs to live up to the expectations. Here are a few pointers that can take your kitchen from being only OK to a WOW!
1. Bold is Beautiful: Traditional with a twist is in. Perk up your sink area with some statement fixtures like a striking solid gold faucet and some quirky ornaments – It’s bound to get people’s heads turning. You could even break the monotony by decorating an area with some colourful tiles that serves as a contrast to the rest of the interior decor.
2. Less is More: What is absolutely essential is to make your kitchen a class apart, is to keep things as simple as possible. Nothing spells class and elegance than a tastefully furnished, clutter free kitchen that gives everyone lots of space to move around.
3. Optimize Storage Space: A kitchen usually contains a lot of things – bowls, plates, bottles, cutlery, crockery – and this is just scratching the surface of the list. The trick is to contain the clutter and organize everything behind carefully thought out storage space. Every kitchen has some space which could be optimized better and the job is to find it and create something extraordinary out of it. Once you have this under control, spending time in your kitchen become even more joyful!
4. The Perfect Lighting: There’s a reason why everyone’s in search of the perfect lighting – cause it makes everything look so beautiful! The kitchen is the one place probably where you cannot afford to have poor lighting – for safety as well as for aesthetic purposes. And the best part is that you are spoilt for choice – ceiling fixtures, hanging fixtures, task lighting, room lighting – the list could go on, you name it and it’s available. Get this element right and you can go from a romantic dinner for two to a pizza party with just a flick of a few switches.
5. Good Ventilation: Keeping things airy is a must. I mean you wouldn’t want people to be greeted with the smell of onions as they walk in right? Big windows and lots of space in the kitchen will help you keep things clean and fresh.
So here are 5 very basic do’s and don’ts of for the perfect kitchen. If this is the place where you will end up spending some quality time, then might as well make it worthwhile.2